Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Restarting the renovation ...

A lot's happened, in my building and in my life, since I stopped my renovation. Now I'm restarting it again, and hoping to move in by March.

In the interim, I thought more about the bathroom (and also used up all my hardware in my mother's bathroom renovation). I've evolved from modern to a more glitzy-glammy-girly look.

The wall tile, you may remember, is iridescent pale pink glass -


And the floor/side of tub tile is supposed to look like this -


I say "supposed to" because I opened one of the boxes when it arrived, and looked at a few tiles. I expected swirly Neapolitan ice cream, but I seem to have gotten a more quiet streaky vanilla. They say stone may vary - I'm hoping that it varies in a good way once we unpack all of the tiles.

Here are my sconces!

Possini Glitz Crystal Chrome 8 1/2" High Pocket Wall Sconce

There are three of them - one for the sink, and two for the long wall opposite the tub. They've arrived already, and they're really pretty and twinkly.

I decided to go with a traditional medicine cabinet and vanity after all. I'm re-using the vanity we took out of my mother's bathroom. It's very nice solid wood, and I've bought a new sink top and very cute new handles for it.



http://www.efaucets.com/images/EmpireIndustries/W22CO.jpgKohler K-3073
(without the new handles)

And here's the hardware I chose, this time around  -

Larger View


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm moderating comments because I got a lot of spam recently. But don't let that deter you if you're a real person with something relevant to say!

About Me

I just bought my first home - an estate-sale 1BR prewar co-op on the UWS in Manhattan. It needs a new kitchen, a new bathroom, new windows, and the parquet floors restored. (Other than that, it's perfect!) This blog is for sharing my renovation ideas and adventures with friends, family, and fellow renovators.