Saturday, February 26, 2011

Decisions, decisions!

We should have permits to start work very soon (would've been yesterday, but we just discovered that my building is in a district recently calendared by the Landmarks Preservation Commission, which adds another level of red tape). My cabinets are being ordered, my bathtub is already on its way.

And today I settled the last few major details. (I went to Hardware Designs in Fairfield, NJ near Route 46 - about which I cannot say enough; it was like walking into the three-dimensional reality of all my internet searches. They have everything,  go there if you can.) I saw my toilet in person and liked it. I picked cabinet hardware:













And I found the perfect bathroom floor.  It's called "Alba Chiaro" (and may also be called "Persian Green" - depending where you buy it) -

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm moderating comments because I got a lot of spam recently. But don't let that deter you if you're a real person with something relevant to say!

About Me

I just bought my first home - an estate-sale 1BR prewar co-op on the UWS in Manhattan. It needs a new kitchen, a new bathroom, new windows, and the parquet floors restored. (Other than that, it's perfect!) This blog is for sharing my renovation ideas and adventures with friends, family, and fellow renovators.