Sunday, January 2, 2011

The kitchen comes together

So I've finally settled on tile! Hooray! (And I can't change my mind again, because I own it.)

I'm using hand painted Portuguese azulejos - birds and flowers. Here are some of them (click to make them bigger):







(I put sticky notes on them because I was counting how many of each bird I had, before I packed them away.)
The field tile will be butter yellow subway tiles - Florida Tile (made in the USA!) "mellow gold". There's also a cobalt color in that tile, which may come in handy for trim. Here's a picture of my tile and the field tile together (taken surreptitiously in a local tile store with my cameraphone):


The cabinet doors are this design  but in maple with a light honey stain
The granite looks like this (but much more beautiful in person):

For cabinet/appliance pulls, I'm thinking maybe these

Or else birdcage -



What do you think?



















No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm moderating comments because I got a lot of spam recently. But don't let that deter you if you're a real person with something relevant to say!

About Me

I just bought my first home - an estate-sale 1BR prewar co-op on the UWS in Manhattan. It needs a new kitchen, a new bathroom, new windows, and the parquet floors restored. (Other than that, it's perfect!) This blog is for sharing my renovation ideas and adventures with friends, family, and fellow renovators.