Monday, March 8, 2010

Oh. My. God.

I got the refrigerator! I don't have a contractor, an architect, or a kitchen yet, but I have a refrigerator coming on Friday. Here's how it came about.

As you know, I'm a little obsessive. I went back to Home Depot and PC Richard in Chelsea today. I looked at (among other things) every 24" refrigerator they had - which is to say pretty much every 24" refrigerator in existence, since there aren't that many. And tried to persuade myself that I could compromise and get a non-trim-panel LG or GE, since the trim-panel ones are 3x  or 4x the price.

I got to the very last row - the narrow aisle behind  the big PC Richard neon sign and the window - and then I saw it!

As Is - Last One - 70% Off

The Liebherr HC1001, list price $2700, on sale for $809. The queen of built-in refrigerators. The one you see in all the high-end cabinet displays. Coming soon to my kitchen!

It's got the full manufacturer's warranty, everything inside is present and perfect, and the salesman even pulled it out for me so I could see the back. The manager didn't want to sell it to me - he thought the price must be a mistake - but in the end he did.

2 comments:

  1. Ryan MinorMarch 21, 2010

    Yikes, that's huge! How did you get it home, much less into your apartment?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not so huge - it's about the size of a person: 5'9", 168 lbs, 2 feet in either direction. I had it delivered of course.

    ReplyDelete

I'm moderating comments because I got a lot of spam recently. But don't let that deter you if you're a real person with something relevant to say!

About Me

I just bought my first home - an estate-sale 1BR prewar co-op on the UWS in Manhattan. It needs a new kitchen, a new bathroom, new windows, and the parquet floors restored. (Other than that, it's perfect!) This blog is for sharing my renovation ideas and adventures with friends, family, and fellow renovators.